Tight enough tread spacing for high speed, drag-free onslaughts, yet blocky and tall enough to really dig in when it comes time to slam on the brakes. A rounded profile and staggered, supportive side knobs keep clamoring for traction even as the trail loses its camber. Most often used as a rear tire, the Trail Boss also keeps the front in check on hardpack trails. Want to go out and own it? Be the Trail Boss.
Usage: XC / Trail / All Mountain
Conditions: Dry to Damp / Hardpack to Loam
- 27.5 x 2.25 TCS Tough/Fast Rolling: 1040g, Dual DNA compound
- 27.5 x 2.25 TCS Light/Fast Rolling: 778g, Dual DNA compound
- 27.5 x 2.25 Comp Tube-Type: 913g, DNA compound
- 27.5 x 2.40 TCS Tough/Fast Rolling: 1050g, Dual DNA compound
- 27.5 x 2.40 TCS Light/Fast Rolling: 844g, Dual DNA compound
- 27.5 x 3.0 TCS Light/Fast Rolling: 1125g, Dual DNA compound
Going tubeless allows you to run lower tire pressures without the added weight of a tube. Lower tire pressure has many benefits, including greater traction, lower rolling resistance over rough surfaces, and decreased risk of a puncture-related flat.
Tubeless-ready rims and tires are parts of a complete system that eliminate the need for tubes by creating an airtight chamber between the rim and tire. Liquid sealant is added to the chamber to fill small punctures and maintain air pressure while you ride.
UST (Universal Standard for Tubeless) is a specific type of tubeless system that dictates the shape of the rim and tire beads. UST rims should be paired with UST-specific tires for best results.